Monday, May 16, 2011

Once you have traveled the voyage never ends...

but it is played over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey."
-Pat Conroy

I always knew that the day was going to come where I would have to say bye to Ireland.
I thought over and over what I would write here when the day was to come. I never knew what I would say. All I know is that in 3 hours I will be saying bye to the most amazing people.

I don't know how I am going to leave a place I have called my home for the past four months.
It is one of the most beautiful countries I think the world has to offer. Grace and I had travelled a bit this semester and although each place had something special, Ireland has been by far my favourite.
I guess I have to say I am bias, but the people I have met here are one in a million.
This semester of college is one that I will never forget.
I know that going home I am a completely different person then when I came.
Before I came my life seemed to be on a straight path. I knew what was going to come next. I don't know now. I don't know where this path will take me.
I hope to come back.

I will never forget all the great times I have had here.
RAG week was probably my favourite.
"Conor take off your shirt and run past the guards".."ok",
Playing st. poker and the guard banging on our window,
Cathal falling through the window,
The boys running in their nickers around the village and getting scared the guards were ringing our bell and finding out it was only Colina.
and Bulmers everyday of the week.

All the times out.. and staying in.
Philip and I falling and getting stuck on the floor. We both still don't know how we got there.
and poor Philip always carrying me to bed. I don't know where I would be without him.
Caomihe beingmyshotsbuddy.

Adventures at Aoife's house and Philips.
Both their parents are the most caring people in the world.

All our dinners together.
and Cinco de Mayo.

Apartment 72- ringing their bell adventures..

Conor teaching me how to drive an Irish car and his tunes.

Having Cathal and Conor as roommates.

Not understanding the accents.

Lunch with Aoife and La Cucina thinking we are a couple.

Beautiful days in Ireland.

There so many more memories that I will think of and add to this.
Certain songs will always remind me of Ireland and the people here.

I don't know how I'm going to say goodbye.

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment