Thursday, May 5, 2011

Italia Bella V: Rome

April 18th- 20th





We left Naples at a reasonable time and we were off to Rome.
Before we left though I spread a peace rock. I wrote my Grandma's name on the back of it. I was thinking about her the whole time in Italy. I thought about her with everything I did and each time I woke up and went to bed.

For Grandma:

I left it right in a flower pot under a palm tree. She always wanted to have a summer birthday, and she was great at growing flowers.


Off to Rome we went. When we arrived we met up with Grace and Joe and we explored the city in search for some food. We made it to Trevi Fountain and then ate dinner and we were off to bed for the evening for an eventful day in the morning.













On the 19th we all woke fairly early. We went on a tour of the Vatican and also the Sistine Chapel.
We ate breakfast and then were off to explore.



We were able to skip the long line. We were very lucky. It also gave some history about the area. It was very interesting.
The Vatican was gigantic. There were halls and rooms everywhere. I could not believe it. I'm sure it would have meant more if I knew what was going on. But it was beautiful.
The Sistine Chapel was interesting but was not like I imagined. I think that history books over fantasize everything.

We headed to grab lunch and then discovered a market on our way back. Rome's beauty and architecture amazed me.


















Before heading home we made our way to the Spanish Steps. They were amazing, but by that time I was so exhausted. Sleep was on my mind and it was only about 18:00. By the time we got back to the hostel we were starving so I beat the black circles under my eyes with the thought that I was our last night there and I never know when I will be back.








We grabbed dinner near the hostel and then unsuccessfully got lost when looking for a drink. We made it accentually to the Colosseum and I was able to spread another peace rock.








Grace, Joe, and myself headed to bed, for we were going to the Colosseum and Florence in the morning...

The Colosseum was amazing. The walk there was as well. There were spots were ruins were everywhere. When we got to the Colosseum the line was too long for us to wait on so we looked from the outside. The place was stunning.









After we grabbed lunch, we continued our journey to Florence..

No comments:

Post a Comment