Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cronaím thú

I left my heart in Ireland.

When I first came to Ireland I was welcomes with the phrase, "Céad míle fáilte romhat"

Now I am back in New York and I long to be back in the Emerald Isle.
I don't know what I want to do for school, or for work...
I feel as if summer gives me so many goals to pursue, from books to catch up on to things that I want to learn.
But with the amount of work I know that I will have these goals become impossible and by the end of the summer I become so frustrated with myself.

In Ireland for the first time ever I had enough free time to read a book during a college semester.

Words cannot describe how much I want to go back.
I love New York, but my heart escaped me when I went abroad.
I'm so thankful for every person I met. They all mean the most to me. I love them more then words can describe, more then a writer can write in a love story in a novel.
It was truly the best experience of my life.


My next bit of money I am able to save will be spent on a trip back.

So for now, this is not the end of this blog, I'm sure there will be a few posts here and there.
But for now this is the final post of my adventure.

Today, I understand what Pat Conroy meant when he said, 'Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends, but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers, that the mind can never break off from the journey.'
I know I already posted that quote, but it sums up everything so well.

Until then,
Thank you Ireland, you have truly been the best.

Love.

“May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.”

No comments:

Post a Comment