Friday, May 6, 2011

Greystone is for...

THE HAPPY PEAR!




April 23ed-24th

Thank goodness for Aoife and her family..
They picked me up in Naas and we headed back to her house.
That day we went to a place called Greystone.





It was one of the most amazing places ever. If I were to ever move to Ireland, I would love to move there. We took the dart and the train and we got there around lunchtime.
The whole semester she was talking about this place called The Happy Pear.
Words cannot describe how much I fell in love with the place.
Everything was funky, organic, and made fresh.
It was my heaven on Earth.












We got so much food it was insane, but we ate it on the beach. On the way to the beach we stopped for coffee. A lady in there asked me if I were Irish. I replied with a giggle and told her "no". I though she was asking me because she though it was obvious, but she was really just telling me that she could not believe all the chocolate bunnies everywhere. She told me that the Easter Bunny is a new phenomena to Ireland. Hearing that was so insane to me. My whole life we were told about the Easter Bunny and mom made pizza gran, honey balls, and basically a small feast. It does not seem to be the same in Ireland. (I think that is is honestly just another excuse for some crazy Italians to make food and eat with the entire family, but they don't seem to ever need a holiday for that).














We headed to the beach. The place was so amazing and it was so warm out. As we ate our food we watched some doggies and new married couples on the beach. There were also people in the water. When we went "paddling". I nearly thought my toes were going to fall off because of how cold it was. We were there for a while and then we left and got the most amazing ice cream, or '99ers' and went to find Bono's and Enya's house. Before we got to there we stopped and went into a skate shop. I felt like a little kid again.











I looked like a complete stalker. It was worth it though, there were cars outside the house as well, and I was calling them the creepers.. ;)















After we envied all the houses on the hill, we walked the coast to the train station. It was one of the most amazing things, to see houses built overlooking the salty ocean.








We headed home and I passed out.

The next day was EASTER! I was so happy to be spending it with Aoife and her family and Grace.
We went to Aoife's church in the morning and then we got burritos! They were the most amazing things.. ever.
Her mom made lasagna that night and it was delicious!! It was sooo lovely.
Words cannot describe how happy I was to be spending the holiday with them. It still is crazy to me that they don't have gigantic Easters, or much of the Easter bunny. I feel like America over dramatizes everything... although I do love Easter and America more than words, I was happy to experience a holiday in another country.

We went to bed early that night and we were off to Limerick in the morning.


That week I went to a dinner with my volunteer group. It was called Access Campus. I volunteered to help teach underprivileged kids in Limerick. Sancha was the head of the originisation. She was a wonderful person. The dinner was at a very nice Indian food restaurant. It was probably the best Indian food I have ever had in my entire life. The waiters were wonderful as well. It was sad to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment