Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm Swimming in A Sea of Accents..

Today is nothing short of beautiful!
I would love to explore the castle on campus today...
I’m taking my camera with me in hopes that after class I will have time.
On Sunday two of our housemates took us into the city and showed us around. We went into the Hunts Museum and wondered the three floors with violins playing int he background.
The art was amazing. I want to see if UL has a ceramics class or what not. I would love to join that.
After the museum we went and wondered the city. We were traveling to find a market but by the time we got there it was over, so we headed to get some milkshakes. I got a strawberry one that was unspeakable amazing. After that we stopped in a candy shop.
I don’t think that I have ever been in a traditional candy shop!
but oh! did all the candy look yummy.

After all of that we did a short food shopping. I made eggplant parm for everyone that night. No one has ever had that, (or apples and peanut butter) so I but on my invisible apron and went into the kitchen when I got home to whip of dinner. Of course, it was not as good as mama’s but it was one step to remind me of home.

And I found out that the reason they don’t sell veggie or chicken stock is because Americans are spoiled. In Ireland they make everything by scratch, so the vegetable stock would be made from the pure ingredients and not from hydro-processed ingredients thrown into a box. Although I cannot bash the boxed stock. I use it all the time, and I know I will continue to use it and appreciate it so much more when I get back to the states.

I do have to say that our housemates are the nicest people you will probably ever meet. They opened their apartment to us with open arms. They showed us around the city all day Sunday when they could have been making other plans. They have also helped us with the bus and taxi numbers and times. I cannot begin to tell you how amazing they are. I forgot to mention about the Crêpes that one of the girls made for us. She invited us to have some and oh were they fantastic! They put sugar and lemon on them and although I was skeptical it was one of the most delicious things I have eaten here.

Well for now, I’m off to explore a new class and hopefully a castle.

Cheers!

Some pictures of friends and adventures =)



























No comments:

Post a Comment