Saturday, February 19, 2011

Hello Dundalk, Where have you been my whole life? ♥





After we got into Dundalk, our roommate Philip picked us up.
Thank goodness for Aoife, or I know I would have missed the stop.

But the place was so peaceful and quiet, it was hard to believe a place like that existed.
We spent Saturday night into Sunday there.

I have to say one of the best things about the weekend was staying in a house, and having a place that feels so warm and comforting. Their parents are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, and that made the weekend even more amazing then words.

Philip made us curry chicken and rice.. and ohhhh yum! it was amazing.
We also saw baby cafes being born! The mom had twins, and it was amazing. I've never seen that ever in my life. We stood in the other stable where other cows were and we watched it.
There was a white one with a pink nose that was so adorable.



We rented Takers that night and we all slept on beanbags, comforters, pillows, and sleeping bags.
HIs brother played us traditional Irish music... it was a piano accordion and it was amazing.. and his dad also sang us a tune..

We woke and Philip made eggs and we went to a Catholic Church. The whole time I was thinking about my Grandma. She would take us to church on Sunday when we slept over. I didn't know what was going on, and I wish I did know because I'm sure it would have been interesting.



He then took us to this place that was so interesting. I wish I knew the name of it.. but a picture is worth a thousand words.



We then drove over to a castle. His mother made us an amazing lunch... (mothers are the best).By this time the skies were clear and the water was sparkling. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place. The whole time we were there I was thinking about the surrounding houses. I could not believe that people live there. It felt so unreal.



















We then left and went back to his house. His parents made is a wonderful dinner and we watched the rugby game. I wish they did not loose to France..

We then continued our journey home...

It was an unbelievable weekend that I couldn't imagine sharing it with anyone else.
Love,
xox




"If you are brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting (which can be anything from your house to your bitter old resentments) and set out on a truth-seeking journey (either externally or internally), and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue, and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher, and if you are prepared - most of all - to face (and forgive) some very difficult realities about yourself....then truth will not be withheld from you."

No comments:

Post a Comment