Saturday, March 12, 2011

London Ladies I

Part I:

I fell in Love with London...
I left part of my heart there and will go back one day and pick it up.

The place was amazing.
Grace and her sister and myself left early Saturday morning to catch our flight. I think we were all exhausted. When we arrived at Stanford Airport, I picked up a map and we took a bus to the center of the city. We got off at Liverpool Street and got a small meal at Pert, which seems to be a chin throughout London.




This soup was amazing. I think we all were thankful for it at that moment.
We then were in search for "The Generator" hostel.



When we got there we slept a small bit. I think we all agreed that exhaustion was killing us. Our plan was to sleep an hour but i think we slept 3 or 4.





One of the receptionists tried to help me with directions. He was awful nice and showed me what section would be great to go to at night, just for the atmosphere. We ate a quick bite and then we were off.
We went to Comdon Street. It was off our map but we just wondered and looked at everything and got used to the atmosphere. I was scarred things were going to close early. Everything in Ireland seems to close early. Probably around 5 or 6 and then the pubs open and if you have not ate since then, then you are kind of out of luck.
Not in London. Things were open until 8 or 9 at night. I was in heaven.

We picked up some magazines. We were all in awe that some came with goodies inside them. Lotion, mascara, face wash.. etc.
It drizzled a little bit, but not anything we weren't used to. We made it an early night.
We got in about 9:30pm and we went to read our magazines. We shared a room that night with an Italian boy. He was very nice, a biology major coming to England to find a job. He was going to be there for 3 weeks.
The next morning when we woke up he had a free breakfast with us and then continued on with his life. I hope the best for him, he seems to have a lot to give to that place.



No comments:

Post a Comment