Saturday, March 12, 2011

London Ladies II

Part II

The next morning we woke up early, had breakfast with our Italian friend and then waited for a tour that we missed so we made our own. Everything happens for a reason and I think we had so much more fun inventing our own route around the city.
The man at reception that helped us the night before, helped us in the morning as well. He gave us a map of where to go and sent us on our way.

We all paid about 7 pounds for a day pass that would take us around London in bus and also on the tube.
We walked to the tube to the second stop (Covent Gardens). The tube is nothing like NYC. It is much cleaner and I think that it is ultimately easier to understand.









When we got out of the tube the air was so fresh. It was amazing. The feeling coming from the cobble stone ground is unmatched by anything. I knew right then that I love london.





There was a market happening, The Covent Garden Market. It was amazing, but we walked past it because we were on a mission to get to Buckingham Palace and then to a market later in the day.




We walked to a square that was playing Russian music. It was really interesting and there were statues everywhere.






We walked to Mall Street down to Buckingham Palace. There were hundreds of tourists everywhere. Walking down to the Place we passed the beautiful St. James Park. The palace was huge with guards stating outside of it. People peered with hands around the gates. I don't know what they were hoping to see because it looked awful quiet behind that gates. So we made our way to Big Ben.






Big Ben was huge but protected by buildings with gates. We saw the church Prince William and Katie place to ge married in and then we worked our way across the bridge to the London Eye.









The London Eye is now crossed of my bucket list. It was amazing. The view was unbelievable. They searched our bags and then I think they sent us on the fast track because I know that we definitely skipped the line.
There was also this free 4D experience thing we went to.. but it was not as exciting as the real thing.






We were then off to Liverpool Street to the Petticoat market.
The market was amazing. Everything seemed inexpensive until you converted it into dollars $. But I fell in love. I wish I could go back every Sunday.
We were starving and found our way into an Indian Restaurant. Oh my goodness YUMMM!





We then ventured over to another market. It was filled with from from all over and it smelled delicious. I brought a few things and fell in love with many. I probably spent too much money, so I for sure spent too much money.



After the market we were headed to the next hostel.
We took the tube to Queensway Street and then we walked to Queensborough Terrace where Astor Quest Hostel was located. The hostel was very nice and there was a shower int he room. It was probably one of the hottest showers I have had in 2 months.
We shared a room with two Italian boys. One of them was a biology major again to England to try and find a job. They did not
speak English too well but none-the-less they were very nice.




After we got situated in the room, we went to get waffles.








They were so sweet. They brought me one for my Birthday which was the next day. It was soo nice of them. Cinnamon waffle it was, and oh! it was delish!!!!

Off to bed it was for an early departure for myself in the morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment