Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Dublin Darlings




The next day we were headed to Dublin.
The sun was out for most of the day. It was a start to one of the most beautiful weeks in Ireland.

We woke up early so we would be able to have most of the day there. It's about a five hour bus ride each way.
When we got there we had no idea where to do. So we were off to find a map and something to eat. We walked down the main road. Bridges every 3 blocks. Heaven. I don't believe that there is anything more beautiful then a bridge of a sunny day. Dublin is filled with them.. each one uniquely different.



Our adventure started with trying to find a map.
The day was amazing and the building reflected the sun perfectly.



When we did, we headed down Temple Bar and past the Medieval section. Down by Temple bar we saw a restaurant that had burritos. I was so excited, I kept telling her the whole day that we had to come back and get one..
"What time is it??.. BURRITO TIME!"

We were headed to the Guinness factory, and after some pit stops for coffee, we finally made it. What a museum! That place was nothing short of amazing. It was friendly and welcoming. There was a place where we were able to write something on their wall, and there also a place to taste raw barley.




It was very interesting, but I cannot say that I am a huge fan of Guinness.









When you got to the top of the museum there was a huge sky top lounge. It was gorgeous and there, we both got our free pint of Guinness.
But we were in a rush to get back so we could eat burritos and also go into Temple Bar.




As we were walking back it was getting dar quick, but there was still a wonderful atmosphere. It was a much quicker walk then I expected. We stopped into the Burrito Restaurant. It was a sit down place and candles were lit. Something I wasn't expecting, but I was so excited for the burrito I didn't mind.



We then left and skipped across the street to Temple Bar. You could feel the atmosphere before you even walked in. Each beat hitting me, skipping across my boy. It was amazing, and my sister and I both drank a pint of Bulmers. It was amazing.

We were in a rush to get back so we sprinted in an aimless direction we hoped was right to the bus station. We asked one person and thank goodness he knew the way. We both had a gut feeling we were going to miss it. I had to use the restroom so bad it was kind of ridiculous so when we got into the doors I booked it down a flight of stars, skipping steps to the bottom. We both ran to the bus which was so close to pull out. He told us we were luck, another 10 seconds and he would have been gone. It was the last bus headed to Limerick too.
The ride home was quiet. I think we were bother exhausted for words.





No comments:

Post a Comment