Saturday, April 30, 2011

Italia Bella III: Napels (Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius)

April 16th



We woke up the morning and headed down to breakfast and said goodbye to our Australian friends.
We took the train to Pompeii.
We decided to go to Mt. Vesuvius on a tour.

It was amazing but it was crazy windy and the walk was intolerable in flip flops and leggings. I should of planned better.
But non-the-less I was glad I did it. We went to the top and saw the crater. It was insanely windy and cold however, and I was so happy when i got to the bottom.












Once we got to the bottom, we were off to explore Pompeii. We did not have to pay because that week was Italian heritage week and everything was free! We walked around and saw some friendly dogs that live on the property. They have an adopt a dog foundation. The day was beautiful so it made everything look a bit unreal. Seeing how close Mt. Vesuvius made me uneasy, but at the same time in awe of how everything was built. It was a great way to end the day.














We got dinner when we finny made it to Napels. Lets just say I was extremely hungry. We looked for the pizza place that was supposed to be the best in town but we found another which seemed to be equally fine. Right across the street was a pastry place. It was probably the best I have had in my entire life. Both of the men in there were extremely genuine and friendly. They reminded me of my uncles growing up. Filled with smiles that could tell stories. They also had Pizza Gran which made me jump up and down. I tried to tell them how my family makes it on the holidays. I just used my hands and smiled a lot, I think they understood.












That night we headed to bed early for we were off to Sorento the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment