Saturday, April 30, 2011

Italia Bella II: Napels

April 15
Day 2-5

I think that Napels was by far my favourite city. Although it might not have been as appealing as Florence or Rome, it was, in its own way, beautiful.

We got there on the 15th late so we just grabbed some dinner. Our hostel looked like it was not in a good area, but the place was actually very nice. It was at the end in an ally way and the had to buzz us in. Once you were in though, there was a small courtyard and a palm tree. It was an oasis in the middle of a city. It was very artsy and young feeling.





We walked to the city centre. We walked for a while until we found a place that did not just sell pastries. I had the best meal I have ever had in my life. It was fresh, homemade pasta surrounded by a bread with small clams in it. Oh was it delish and everything was fresh! I fell in love.
Now I know why Grandma had a nac for cooking.





After of course, we got pastries. They were the best I have ever had in my life.

When we got back we met some of our roommates.
There were two Australians we shared a room with. I was talking with them for a while. Their names were Luke and Sara and they met in the navy together. They were the most amazing people in the world. I don't think they will understand how much they have impacted my life. They made me want to catch a flight to Australia.
He was spontaneous and had been traveling since September with the money he received from the army, and she was there traveling with him for a few weeks through Italy. She was lovely and full of laughs and smiles. He was more the same and lived life on edge. They rented scooters that day and went down the Almafi Coast. Words could not describe how jealous I was.

We left to see what the night time was life in Napels. We stopped at this one place and got something to drink. We met a man from Napels who knew English. He was very nice as well. He told us about the city and also taught us new words and how to pronounce them. He told us that there are two types of sfogliatelle and the differences between them. He also was the first person to tell us how amazing the coffee in Napels was, and about Lemoncello. I was thankful we met him.

We left to go out but it was not the best. Long story short we got home and went to bed.
The next day we were off to Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius.

No comments:

Post a Comment