Saturday, April 30, 2011

Italia Bella I: Salerno

Day 1: Salerno

Oh Italy, It felt like home.



Salerno was very nice. It took us almost a whole day of traveling to finally reach it. From the airport on the bus the train station in Rome to Salerno.

The start of our journey was April 14 at 1 am. We caught the bus to Dublin for our flight as 6am.

The first thing we did was find a place to eat when we were in Rome. We found a place that had a sandwich for €2. It was huge. Tomato, Motozella, and Lettuce. It was the best sandwich I have ever had in my life. I savoured every bit of it.
We then got pastries in the train station as we were waiting. We got sfogliatelle and a lobster tail. I don't know what it is called in Italian, but I was in love after the first bite. Oh my goodness. It was delish.





We took the train to Salerno. What a great travel. It's a beautiful country side and landscape.
When we finaly got there we explored for a small bit. We were right by the water.








We learned that Italians are crazy drivers. It's a cross whenever you can, frogger game. Mopeds are everywhere. It was crazy the traffic. We soon found out hostel. It was not the best one I have ever been in, but it was a place to sleep.
We went out for food, and we explored the area that night. We had a pizza-type food, and I also got fresh Motezela and tomatoes. YUM!















We were off to shower and bed. The showers were crazy for me. They were all open and the sensor light kept shutting off, but it was the warmest shower I had in 4 months so I put up with it. Our roommates were also older women, they left in the middle of the night.



It was all a bit dodgy, but we woke up the next day and headed for Napels!

No comments:

Post a Comment