Thursday, January 20, 2011

Shopping Trollies

Today was my first day in Ireland. I still cannot believe that I'm here.
I got here around 6:45 and into my room by 9:00. What a beautiful country.
People drive on the left hand side, which is going to take some getting used to, but we did pass many castles on the way to the University.
Going to the store today was an adventure in itself.
We took the bus which is the cleanest bus I have ever been on, and took the cab on the way home. The people here are the nicest in the world.
Grace and I had a ton of groceries, and thank goodness she was the sensible one and had the idea to call a cab. We didn't know where we were located, so the woman in the store put the call in for us.
She also told us to make sure that they charge us 8 euro for the both of us, not individually. She was the nicest lady I have ever met. The cab driver was pretty cool too.

The store didn't have vegetable stock, so when I find some I'll be making a mean soup! I cannot wait.
I also asked for a cart and the man looked at me funny and then replied, " Oh, shopping trollies, their out and around the corner!"
I love it, and I'm falling in love with this country.

I went to the pub tonight, which was very exciting, and I got a cider. It was very good.

Everyone's saying to go to Galway. That is a must on my list now.

Orientation in a few hours. I should try and get some sleep


Love xox








No comments:

Post a Comment